Financial Planner in India
Many people ask me who is a Financial Planner, What is the need and how can I use their services to my benefit? A financial planner is a qualified investment professional who helps individuals and corporations meet their long-term financial objectives by analyzing the client’s status and setting up a program to help the client meet those goals. Financial planners specialize in tax planning, asset allocation, risk management, retirement and/or estate planning.
What is the need of Financial Planner? And How can you benefit?
Planning is one of the greatest characteristics of human beings. When it comes to money, planning needs to be concrete as there are enough variables that can affect your financial planning. As it is said ‘Failing to plan is planning to fail’. Fulfilling the future needs and improving the standard of living depends on the plans you make today. So what’s your plan for future? Are you considering the factors that can shake your financial plans? A financial planner helps you make such a plan and the process is called financial planning. A good financial planner will help you address these issues in your Financial Plan.
- Inflation – Inflation is called as the biggest destroyer of wealth. In short, it is a fall in the value of money with passing of time.
- Investing Goals – Some milestones are very important in life. Be it a family car, your own house, your childrens’ education or their marriage; it is a responsibility to fulfill these needs. A financial planner will help you make a proper financial plan to meet your financial goals in a specific period of time.
- Emergencies – Prevention is better than cure and when it’s about money, being prepared for emergencies is better than regretting.
- Aspirations / Dreams – You might have thought of a foreign trip, an independent house or a new business venture. May the dreams never go away due to responsibilities! A good financial plan will supports your dreams while taking care of your responsibilities.
- Retirement – While meeting your family goals it is a general objective to have a comfortable retired life. If you’re planning a retirement after more than 10 years you should plan investing from now because the magic of compounding is experienced if stayed invested for a long term. Financial planning helps you create adequate corpus for retirement when expenses continue but income seems to be drying. It is advisable to consider investing for your life’s goals. Plan today, for a better tomorrow.
How can you find a good one?
Choosing a financial advisor / planner in India is little tricky. First of all some call themselves as financial advisor, some financial planner and some call themselves as investment advisor. Then there are others who call themselves as wealth managers so on and so forth. So it becomes very tricky for an individual to deal with this because you got to have the right keyword to search for the list of people providing this service. Read my earlier post on finding a good financial advisor / planner